Search This Blog

Saturday, December 26, 2009

First Day of Winter in Rocky Mountain National Park

Had to get out into the park on the first true day of winter.  There was snow on the ground, but the weather was agreable, the sun was out and temp got up to about 32.


The animals were moving about and easily seen. 






These Coyotes were hunting and ignored me for the first few minutes I was observing.





They then displayed a curious behaviour.  They layed down in the middle of a snowbank, right out in the sun in the light of day.  I was amazed and sat watching them for several minutes.  They showed not intent to move at all.  After a few minutes I decided to move on. 

As I moved about 50 yards up the road, they suddenly sprang up on their feet and immediately crossed where I had been standing.  Seems they were very particular about where they wanted to cross the road.

The next day, I hiked up Cub Lake trail.  Will post pics soon.

1 comment:

Randy said...

Nice. I enjoyed seeing your photos. I was at RMNP a few years ago and loved it.